Dr. Georgina Lyons
MBBS (Hons), BMedSci (Hons), MPH & Trop Med, FACD
Dr Lyons is a highly skilled medical, surgical and cosmetic dermatologist and completed her medical training at Melbourne University and Oxford University (UK) and graduated with honours. She undertook her dermatology training in Melbourne, and also completed a 6 month placement at the National Skin Centre in Singapore. She achieved the overall highest mark in Australia in her Dermatology Fellowship examinations and this was recognized by her being awarded the prestigious Australasian College of Dermatologists Travelling Fellowship Award, as well as the Ken Paver Medical for Medical Dermatology. She has a broad ranges of interest areas in dermatology including – moles, melanoma and skin cancer checks, skin cancer surgery, dermoscopy, acne, psoriasis (including biologic medications), excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis), eczema, paediatric dermatology (including laser in children for birthmarks), pigment disorders (including melasma and vitiligo), women’s/vulval dermatology, cosmetic dermatology, anti-ageing and laser treatments. Her areas of special interest include skin cancer/melanoma diagnosis and surgery, complex medical conditions and cosmetic dermatology.
With numerous post-graduate qualifications and published articles to her name, she is committed to providing up-to-date and evidence-based care to all our patients. She is a member of the Australasian College of Dermatologists, and has a public hospital position at The Royal Children’s Hospital, including in the Laser Unit.
She has previously served on the council of the Post Medical Council of Victoria and has also been on the DIT (Doctors in Training) sub-committee of the AMA (Australian Medical Council). Through these roles, she has been instrumental in policy change to support our junior medical colleagues.
Dr Lyons welcomes new referrals and is available for urgent appointments.
Published Journal Articles
- Lyons G, Chamberlain A, Kelly JW. Dermoscopic features of clear cell acanthoma: five new cases and a review of existing published cases. Australas J Derm. 2015, vol 56 (3); 206-211. Full article.
- Wong C, Lyons G, Nicolopoulos J, Varigos G. A rare cause of petechial rash in the 21st century, Aust FamPhysician 2014, 43 (12); 853-855. Full article.
- Lyons G, Roberts H, Palmer A, Metheson M, Nixon R. Hairdressers presenting to an occupational dermatology clinic in Melbourne, Australia. Contact Dermatitis. 2013; 68 (5); 300-306. Full article.
- Lyons G, Keegel T, Palmer A, Nixon R. Occupational dermatitis in hairdressers: do they claim workers’ compensation? Contact Dermatitis. 2013; 68 (3); 163-168. Full article.
- Lyons G, Nixon R. Allergic contact dermatitis to methacrylates in ECG electrode dots. Australas J Derm. 2012; 54 (1); 39-40. Full article.