MBBS, BMedSci, M.Phil, FACD
Dr. Shen is a Fellow of the Australasian College of Dermatologists (FACD).
Graduating from the University of Melbourne Medical School in 2008, Dr. Shen further completed a Medical Science degree in the research of surgical anatomy. She gained general medical and surgical experience at St Vincent’s Hospital and the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre prior to embarking on dermatology research at the Victorian Melanoma Service at the Alfred Hospital, completing a Master of Philosophy in the research of high-risk melanomas, publishing work in both domestic and international dermatology journals.
Sarah undertook her dermatology training in Victoria gaining exposure to many facets of complex dermatological conditions, having worked at various tertiary centres including at St Vincent’s Hospital, The Austin hospital, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Monash Medical Centre, The Alfred Hospital and the Skin and Cancer Foundation of Victoria as well as spending 6 months at the National Skin Centre in Singapore.
Dr. Shen is a general dermatologist with a wide range of interests including eczema, psoriasis, acne, inflammatory skin conditions and skin cancer diagnosis and management. Sarah is committed to providing excellent care for all patients and welcomes new referrals and is available for urgent appointments. She is fluent in Mandarin and Shanghaiese dialect.
Published Journal Articles
- Shen S, Wolfe R, McLean CA, Haskett M, Kelly JW: Characteristics and associations of high-mitotic-rate melanoma, JAMA Dermatology 2014 Oct; 150 (10): 1048-55.
- Kelly JW, Shen S, Pan Y, Dowling J, McLean CA: Postexcisional melanocytic regrowth extending beyond the initial scar: a novel clinical sign of melanoma, Br J Dermatology, 2014 Apr; 170 (4): 961-4.
- Shen S, Williams RA, Kelly RI: Neuropathy in a patient with lymphocytic thrombophilic arteritis, Australas J Dermatol 2013 May; 54 (2) e28-32.
- Shen S, O’Brien T, Yap LM, Prince HM, McCormack CJ: The Use of Methotrexate in Dermatology: A Review, Australas J Dermatol. 2012 Feb; 53 (1): 1-18.
- He C, Shen S, Sharard A, Gan P: Peritoneal oleogranulomatosis after laparoscopic gastric banding, Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech, 2011 Oct; 2 21(5): e270-2.
- Pang J, Shen S, Pan WR, Jones IR, Rozen WM, Taylor GI: The arterial supply of the patellar tendon: anatomical study with clinical implications for knee surgery, Clin Anat. 2009 Apr; 22(3): 371-6.
- Shen S, Hong MK: A rare case of bilateral variants of upper limb arteries: brief review of nomenclature, embryology and clinical applications, Surg Radiol Anat. 2008 Oct; 30 (7): 601-3.
- Shen S, Pang J, Seneviratne, Ashton MW, Corlett RJ, Taylor GI: A comparative anatomical study of brachioradialis and flexor carpi ulnaris muscles: implications for total tongue reconstruction, Plast Reconstr Surg 2008 Mar; 121 (3): 816-29.