Dr. Dinh is a Dermatologist who has completed all her medical training in Melbourne (her home town!), rotating through both adult and paediatric medicine postings. Her areas of special interest include the medical and surgical management of skin cancers and melanoma, acne, eczema, psoriasis with treatments such as phototherapy and biologics, hair loss and nail conditions, nail conditions, vulval dermatological conditions, paediatric dermatology, complex medical dermatology, hyperhidrosis and cosmetic dermatology (including laser, injectables and cosmeceuticals).
She has also trained overseas in Singapore at the National Skin Centre for 6 months of the Australian dermatology training program, gaining invaluable insights into skin conditions in a wide variety of ethnicities. She is a member of the Australasian College of Dermatologists and has a public hospital appointment at The Alfred Hospital with a special interest in connective tissue disease and also at The Skin Health Institute (formally known as the Skin & Cancer Foundation) in Carlton with the Nail clinic.
She has published papers in prestigious medical journals and presented at numerous national dermatology meetings in Australia. She is enthusiastic about educating the general public about skin conditions and spreading the public health message, giving talks to GPs, lecturing to medical students of all three Victorian Medical schools, giving interviews for national magazines and radio interviews and presenting educational videos about dermatological issues.
Dr. Dinh’s philosophy is to provide a comprehensive, up-to-date dermatology care, with a clear focus on treating both the current problem and formulating a long-term management plan. When she is not working hard to manage patients’ skin issues, she is busily running around after her young family and travelling. Dr. Dinh speaks English and Vietnamese, and is available for emergencies/urgent appointments.
- Meyer KC, Klatte JE, Dinh HV, Harries MJ, Reithmayer K, Meyer W, Sinclair R, Paus R. Evidence that the bulge region is a site of relative immune privilege in human hair follicles. Br J Dermatol. 2008;159(5):1077-85. Full article.
- Dinh HV, Sinclair R, Martinick J. Long-term hair repigmentation following a hair transplant for frontal scarring alopecia. Australas J Dermatol. 2007;48(4):236-8.
- Dinh HV, Sinclair RD, Martinick J. Donor site dominance in action: transplanted hairs retain their original pigmentation long term. Dermatol Surg. 2008; 34(8): 1108-11.
- Dinh H, Murugasu A, Gin D. Sweet’s syndrome associated with cellulitis. Australas J Dermatol. 2007; 48(2):105-9.
- Hapgood G, Mooney E, Dinh HV, Gin D, McLean C, Ting SB. Leukaemia cutis in chronic lymphocytic leukaemia following varicella zoster virus reactivation. Intern Med J. 2012;42(12):1355-8.
- Dinh H, O’Brien T, Mason G, Orchard D. Targetoid spongiotic reaction pattern: A case series of seven paediatric patients. Australas J Dermatol. 2011; 52(2):117-22.
- Goh MS, McCormack C, Dinh HV, Welsh B, Foley P, Prince HM. Rituximab in the adjuvant treatment of pemphigus vulgaris: a prospective open-label pilot study in five patients. Br J Dermatol. 2007;156(5):990-6.
- Dinh HV, McCormack C, Hall S, Prince HM. Rituximab for the treatment of the skin manifestations of dermatomyositis: a report of 3 cases. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2007;56(1):148-53.
- Dinh HV, Sinclair R, Green J. Structural Hair Abnormalities in ‘Hair and Scalp Diseases – Medical, Surgical and Cosmetic treatments’ by Hordinsky & McMichael (Eds) 2007
- Dinh HV, Sinclair RD. Male androgenetic alopecia (chapter update) endotext.com 2007
- 2018 – Guest presenter at the Skin Education Day organised by the Skin and Cancer Foundation Inc, Melbourne
- Guest presenter for Ego Pharmaceuticals launch with Kate Ritchie on “Qv Everyday” campaign; Melbourne 2016
- 2017 – Talk at the inaugural Skin Education Day organised by Skin and Cancer Foundation Inc entitled: Scalp disorders.
- 2017 – Guest speaker on “Cutaneous manifestations of internal malignancy” at the AGM of the Vietnamese Health Professionals society.
- 2014 to current – Lecturer to medical students on “Skin signs of systemic disease.” – Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital lecture series.
- 2105 – “Dermatology in tertiary centres.” Talk given at International Vietnamese Health Professionals conference in Melbourne
- 2014 – Presenter and demonstrator at the Surgical skills workshop for skin cancer for GPs at the College of Surgeons, Carlton (organised by the Victorian Faculty of Dermatologists).
- 2013 – “Nail disorders” talk – given at the Annual Conference of Australasian Dermatology Nurses Association – Sydney
- 2013 – “Nail disorders” talk – given to pharmacists at the meeting of the Pharmaceutical Society of Australia, Melbourne
- 2008 – Talk entitled “HLA-G in hair follicles” given at the Annual Scientific Meeting of the Australasian Society for Dermatological Research (ASDR).
- 2007 – Talk entitled “Donor site dominance in action” given at Annual Scientific Meeting of the Australasian College of Dermatologists.
- Poster presentation – European Hair Research Society conference, London, June 2006 (travel scholarship awarded)
- Oral presentation at Annual Scientific Meeting of the Australasian College of Dermatologists, Melbourne, May 2006 – ‘Rituximab for the skin manifestations of dermatomyositis – a report of three cases.’
- 2005 – Talk entitled “Rituximab for dermatomyositis” given at Annual Scientific Meeting of the Australasian College of Dermatologists.
In the Media